The Duke of Cambridge and his Episcopal links to Fochabers
Prior to the construction of Gordon Chapel in 1834, the Episcopal congregation in Fochabers met in a thatched cottage in the old village near the Castle. Latterly, however, the Castle had its own private chapel in what is today the octagonal hall (left). It was there on 25 October 1832 that Lady Louisa Jane Russell, daughter of John, 6th Duke of Bedford by wife Lady Georgiana Gordon, herself a daughter of the 4th Duke of Gordon, was married to James Hamilton, 2nd Marquess (and later 1st Duke) of Abercorn. Some of the descendants of that marriage are charted below.